It might sound like hyperbole I suppose. Some might sneer or mock me, suggesting that believing such a thing is a sign of either mental instability or a lack of intelligence.
I would say, anyone that hasn't had that thought isn't really considering the situation here right now.
- The government takes a huge portion of every workers salary. That portion is often controlled by the bureaucracy over the 'representatives'
- US Citizens are the least represented of any democratic state in the world.
- The US Govt. can (and does) take whatever property it chooses to without regard for the property rights of its citizens
- Obamacare has given the government the authority to choose life or death for citizens with the ability to choose which cares for whom and for how long.
- Presidential Authority has so far outstripped legislative authority, we have a defacto emperor. (See Julius Caesar)
The list goes on, but the truth is, the power no longer resides with the people. The people now live for the state.